Acknowledgements

A blog made with pictures, broken English and my vague "castellano" language.

Thanks Brian Hua for pushing me to make this blog. Work hard Brian...

This little mountain (about 10.000 Ha, 25.000 acres) call Sierra de Carrascoy, is where I grew up. How can you place the mountain in the world, HERE. My father used to work in a big farm on this mountain, so I had the chance to explore what was going on in these hillsides.


Este blog lo actualizo según la vida (trabajo, familia, etc...) me va dejando tiempo, por tanto irregularmente.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

CALIFORNIA BIRDS I : COVER

Killdeer (Charadrius vociferus)

I grow up in a little village call "Pedania de la Costera" near Alhama de Murcia, Murcia, Spain. My father, Andres, was in charge of a farm (500 Ha,  1200 acres) with a lot of mountains around  (Sierra de Carracoy). It give me the opportunity of be very close to local wildlife. During my stay in Davis, CA (3 years, 2007-2010) I renew my past experience at home, I found that go out and try to know the birds of North California was like come back to me childhood. It was like new stickers on my particular birds album, which one most beautiful?

There are over 10,000 species of birds in the world. About 925 have been seen in the U.S. and Canada. In California there are about 641. Colombia is one of the top countries with larges concentration, about 1700. Spain has about 525. Here there is a very small sample of the North California birds.

Vuelvo a traer esta fotografia a mi blog, quizas porque a alguien a quien admiro le gusta, quizas tambien porque hablar de las aves y compararlas con las aves de otros paises, podria decir algo mas de esos paises que el solo recuento de su variedad y por tanto de su diversidad y riqueza. Aqui un tipo de andarrios, llamado "killdeer", muy comun en el area de Davis. Un ave muy inquieta, de ahi la foto, pero terriblemente cercana y bonita. Casi todas las fotografias de aves estan realizadas en los caminos y carreteras secundarias que rodean Davis. Davis esta en el valle de Sacramento, sin montanyas proximas, solo cultivos y la cuenca del rio sacramento. Ya esta, disfrutemos de que lo podemos ver desde la ventanilla del volvo 850.


I dedicate this blog to the people of Davis, because I feel that I am indebted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment